Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Spelling City Love

Spelling City Anyone? I have used Spelling City in my fifth grade classroom for the past 2 years and I have been very pleased. The possibilities are endless and I just received an email that they have added even more.
What's New?
First, Language arts lessons that include videos, PowerPoint presentations, enrichment strategies featuring printables, games and hands-on activities, sample word lists, and custom games pre-populated with those lists!
New lessons have been created for popular themes like analogies and compound words, plus several brand new themes have been added, including:
Antonyms & Synonyms
Figurative Language
Verb Tenses
Second, Useful Word Lists that may be imported into member's accounts. New themes feature:
Phonics
Social Studies (yeaaaaa - we are beefing up this standard this year.)
Word Families
And finally, Articles now featuring information about Title I Schools, RTI, plus how to use VocabularySpellingCity with English language learners and students with special needs.
If you haven't tried Spelling City I highly recommend it. Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome link! I love how they are pulling in the Language Arts. This will definitely be a part of my homeschool program for next year! Thanks!

    BTW, I grabbed your button for my blog. :) Have a great day!

    Leah @ learning-4-keeps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. VocabularySpellingCity is great. Thanks for highlighting it. My favorite is the analogies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Spelling City and how great that they have both iOS and Android apps. My son's teachers have stopped using it as he went on to higher grades. But, I still take all his vocab for all of his subjects and make list for him. He studies very well with it, so why stop using what works for him.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Christmas countdown banner