Sunday, August 12, 2012

Last Minute Subject Change......aaahhhhh!!!!

    As I was leaving pre-planning, on Friday, I was called aside by my administrator and told that I will be changing subject areas (to Math)  for the upcoming school year.  Don't get me wrong I majored in Mathematics Education and I have taught Math for a number of years.....love, love, love Math.  But I am the kind of teacher that starts annoying the principal 2 weeks before the end of the school year about the next year.  Have you ever worked with someone like that?  Gotta have my ducks in a row BEFORE I leave so that I can prepare, shop, pinterest, blog  in order to be well prepared for the upcoming year.    When I was first told I think my face must have looked something like this: <cue music>

Photobucket



.....mainly because I have always loved teaching Math and I did not want to give the appearance of being concerned......in fact I will be doing this for a dear friend who is ill and I am more than happy to do it, especially for her..... so I smiled and tried to be encouraging.

    Shortly after I got home my mind started racing in all directions thinking about all of the things that I want and need to do in order to be effective.   (Standards, Common Core, State Test on the Computer for the first time this year)  It wasn't long before I am SURE that those around me viewed me like this:


Photobucket



Photobucket

   Have you ever felt this way?  Have you ever run out of your meds?  I'm joking, kinda.  Anyhow, after a few conversations with family members and a number of conversations with myself, I am feeling more confident that I will be able to pull it together by the end of next week......Meet the Teacher is Thursday.

   I am positive that by Wednesday afternoon I will be looking for the following:


Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket






Have a great week everybody!  I will keep you posted!

5 comments:

  1. LOL! If there is anyone that can do it, you can! Loved your cat. I think I live in that frame of mind MOST of the time.
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story of this post, i like this post : )
    --------------------

    Abacus Classes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why enroll your kid for Mental Arithmeti ?

    visit as on : http://www.alohagujarat.com/courses/mental-arithmetic-senior

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story of this post, i like this post

    Why enroll your kid for Mental Arithmetic ?

    Abacus Classes :: http://www.alohagujarat.com/courses/mental-arithmetic-senior

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Christmas countdown banner