Sunday, August 12, 2012

Last Minute Subject Change......aaahhhhh!!!!

    As I was leaving pre-planning, on Friday, I was called aside by my administrator and told that I will be changing subject areas (to Math)  for the upcoming school year.  Don't get me wrong I majored in Mathematics Education and I have taught Math for a number of years.....love, love, love Math.  But I am the kind of teacher that starts annoying the principal 2 weeks before the end of the school year about the next year.  Have you ever worked with someone like that?  Gotta have my ducks in a row BEFORE I leave so that I can prepare, shop, pinterest, blog  in order to be well prepared for the upcoming year.    When I was first told I think my face must have looked something like this: <cue music>

Photobucket



.....mainly because I have always loved teaching Math and I did not want to give the appearance of being concerned......in fact I will be doing this for a dear friend who is ill and I am more than happy to do it, especially for her..... so I smiled and tried to be encouraging.

    Shortly after I got home my mind started racing in all directions thinking about all of the things that I want and need to do in order to be effective.   (Standards, Common Core, State Test on the Computer for the first time this year)  It wasn't long before I am SURE that those around me viewed me like this:


Photobucket



Photobucket

   Have you ever felt this way?  Have you ever run out of your meds?  I'm joking, kinda.  Anyhow, after a few conversations with family members and a number of conversations with myself, I am feeling more confident that I will be able to pull it together by the end of next week......Meet the Teacher is Thursday.

   I am positive that by Wednesday afternoon I will be looking for the following:


Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket






Have a great week everybody!  I will keep you posted!

5 comments:

  1. LOL! If there is anyone that can do it, you can! Loved your cat. I think I live in that frame of mind MOST of the time.
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story of this post, i like this post : )
    --------------------

    Abacus Classes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why enroll your kid for Mental Arithmeti ?

    visit as on : http://www.alohagujarat.com/courses/mental-arithmetic-senior

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story of this post, i like this post

    Why enroll your kid for Mental Arithmetic ?

    Abacus Classes :: http://www.alohagujarat.com/courses/mental-arithmetic-senior

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mental Arithmetic Senior - ABACUS Classes

    Abacus essentially teaches the children to become skilled in rapid mental mathematics with the help of the Abacus beads where the children use the single hand to manipulate beads initially. This is done through memorizing a visual through the Abacus.

    visit us on:

    ABACUS Classes

    abacus coaching

    abacus classes

    aloha abacus course

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Christmas countdown banner